This is an example of the consent forms that all future mentors are asked to read and sign in order to take part in Nukanti's Child Mentoring Program.
Nukanti's Child Mentoring Program is designed so that the each child can benefit not only from the financial support of his/her mentor but also from a personal relationship with someone who cares about them, supports them as a friend and serves as a positive role model in their lives.
As outlined in the FAQs section on Nukanti's website, mentors have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Support the child with a financial monthly contribution.
- Be a role model, mentor and a friend to the child.
- Maintain contact with the child, encourage and support him/her through any form of correspondence. The frequency of the communication will depend on the availability of the mentor but we hope that this could be at least 4 times a year.
- Depending on the availability and desire of the mentor, we encourage the mentor to also support the child in setting goals for school, reward/discuss good performance at school, as well as support and praise their positive behaviors and interactions in the family, school and community.
- Read carefully the FAQs on Nukanti's website to fully understand the design and envisioned impact of the mentoring program.
- Read carefully and agree to comply with Nukanti’s Code of Conduct for staff, mentors and others in contact with children.
As a future mentor, I declare that I have read and understood the above listed roles and responsibilities, and I commit to comply with these.
I also declare that I have read and understood Nukanti’s Code of Conduct for staff, mentors and others in contact with children, and I commit to comply with it.